Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Toothless Boy (wonder)


So what better way to start off Simply Sharp then with Sam--our boy wonder. Losing teeth, rather pulling teeth is no easy task for anyone and a 6 year old is no exception. The pain. It's amazing however, how pain can be relative. Sam was in a rather large collision with Dave on the ski slopes of Alta just last Saturday morning. The big black and blue knot on his forehead is proof of the transpired, unfortunate event. Even with the obvious pain he suffered as a result of the impact of his head meeting Dave's knee, I assure you he didn't whine as much as he did last night with the inevitable last tug of the dangling tooth. "Please", he cried, "let me just eat an apple. Don't pull it!" Like his gum free tooth could even slightly puncture even the softest flesh of a cold, crisp Washington grown, Pink Lady apple. Our favorite. He eventually acquiesced after a small bribery of one episode of IronMan. The one where Tony Stark has a conversation with Pres. Bill Clinton. Who knew how dated those Iron Man episodes were?! So here is Sam in all his (all I want for Christmas is my) missing two front teeth glory. No corn on the cob for awhile, no cold crisp Washington grown, Pink Lady apples, our favorite, unless portioned of course, no proper "sh" sounds either. Looks like we're back to square one with Sam and his Vulgarian annunciation(s). It will be a long hard road but can't say I'm too anxious to hear the adolescent, toothless lisp end any time soon. Just tonight he leaned over gave me three kisses and said..."I jutht thtole thome thugar." More like stole my heart (again).

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're blogging! Sam looks great, I'm glad he lost his teeth finally! It sounds like you had fun at Alta, despite the collision... :)
    Did you know I have a blog as well? It's a little lame, but check it out... how-it-ends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! He looks pretty excited to be a toothless wonder! And the stole some sugar quote...classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your descriptions! Sam is so cute, and tho thweet. C-Rash

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello blogger! I guess facebook is next - give that toothless wonder a big kiss.

    ReplyDelete