Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here she comes......

Well it's been almost a week. We feel so blessed to have Sofie here with us. What a dream. She and Sam play so well together--mom is quick to remind me that this is the "honeymoon" period and to prepare myself when real life hits. It almost hit today. Sof was ready for a nap and so she wasn't ready to play--rather ride bikes with him. That really is their bond right now and I'm not going to lie a huge relief for me not to have to play (always) with him. He LOVES her. He's protective of her and he loves her toys. Her dishes to be exact. But what could be better than a working toy blender? I'm not sure what we were thinking by buying car, after car, after, car when we could have just gone down the girl isle at Target and purchased a blender! Much time and money could have been saved.
This is Sofie's first day of school outfit. SO CUTE! I wish you could see it all with her darling silver shoes. She wouldn't stand and pose I was so bummed but Carrie seems to think she was done after having to have had to pose continually for her photo shoot previously. Could be. This child is remarkably beautiful and smart. Really smart. As a whip.
I cannot get her to stand and pose. I am thinking I need to change my approach. Here she is before school. She likes school ok but she's says everyday "I'm a little shy". And she is but wow will she open up when she gets comfortable. She's a talker.....a little different from my not so shy but non communicator boy. Girls!
We've had a good week and really trying to keep things in our routine. Mom came--thank heavens, to help me with the homeless dinner. She of course saved the day and it was a success due to, I'm certain, mom's help. She certainly keeps on task and works so very hard. Needless to say the 70 year old woman kicked my tail.

We're all so happy she's here but Sam was especially happy because Grandma brought this terribly soft KU sweatshirt. It's OK if it's a little big. It will be good to grow into--he thought. Don't say it dad--I know he needs a (very little) trim!
Here's my soccer player. He's not the most skilled but he can sure beat anyone down the field. We figure we have time to work on skill. Coach Scott by the way is one of the best coaches ever--and I might add--with all my loved pledged to Dave of course--easy on the eyes.






3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I have been waiting for this post all week. It's so fun to see her and hear all about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly happy for you, it almost feels like I've adopted my own child! It was meant to be, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete