Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wrapping up the Turks

It's been so long since I've last written but wanted to get something here soon as I don't want to forget things of not so long ago. It seems my memory is getting shorter and shorter. I will need to do the crossword puzzles of dad and Deidra's I guess. 

The above picture is of Sam on the boogy board. As he has virtually no fat on him, Sam always seems to shiver and freeze long before me a woman with considerably more fat than necessary for one, anyone, to survive. Needless to say Sam stayed out for about 20 minutes and then came in to bask in the warmth of the sun along side Val. 
We had one day where it was overcast so rather than go to the cool, breezy beach we stayed at the pool where Sam could alternate between hot tub and pool. While in the hot tub he met Abby. She is the most adorable 6 year old girl. We didn't get her last name but found out she is from Michigan. Sam and Abby were inseparable for the entire day. Below is the picture where it is typical Sam and his powers of authority in play. Notice he carries only one noodle and a drink while little Abbly is struggling to carry 3 and her load is too full for her to even consider having a drink herself. And still when both Sam and Abby arrived at their destination of play Sam I believe ended up with 3 noodles and Abby 1. Fair play is still not in his vocabulary. But as his vocabulary is still limited it (I believe by choice) it doesn't surprise me.

Throughout the day Dave and I stayed planted reading and napping while Sam and Abby went about their play date. As it would seem it was more like a date for they ordered pizza  and drinks for themselves and built a grand raft and didn't argue at all. As Abby left at the end of the day she yelled to Sam, "I don't think we'll ever see each other again Sam" and Sam replies "No I don't think we will--goodbye." And with those closing words we will never see Abby again. I thought about getting her address but the day was so perfect as was Abby it is best to leave that memory alone. Wonderful. 


I love this picture of Sam. He loves to snorkel but I think Dave and I will need to invest in a wet suit for him so he can stay in the water a little longer without suffering from hypothermia. 

We had a wonderful stay at the Turks and Caicos Beaches resort. It's a wonderful place to vacation. I would certainly go again and would do so any time soon. Here we are taking a self portrait on our way home in the airplane. Notice Sam's sharks tooth necklace--he loved it for a day.

 This is a video of Sam and I playing race for the torpedo--it's not too long. One thing me in a bathing suit (the one I'm wearing here) is argument enough for women to consider breast enhancements :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment