Monday, June 29, 2009

Birthday lunch

I believe I am one of those people that are blessed with more than I could ever deserve. I have a wonderful husband who is most forgiving of my imperfections, a truly wonderful son who is now no longer toothless but a full fledged 2 front adult teether with a horrible haircut right now I'm afraid, a most remarkable family both by blood and by marriage and I most certainly have been blessed with great friends. I must add I have had good friends all my life but it seems the friends I have right now are particularly good and so dear to me. I am most undeserving. I assure you. 

I have always enjoyed birthdays really--not so much the aging part although for years I didn't really mind that, not the attention from anyone else BUT my family :-).  I love Dave's breakfast omelettes, I love Sam's kisses all day and I love to think I can make the excuse it's my birthday and I can sleep in. Even though I stink at that--but I could if only I actually "could"! As I look back and reflect on my life I am certain I have earned every one of these wrinkles and gray hair. Well maybe not ALL my gray hair some of that is surly genetic thanks to my mother. However I have had a full life. Many choices I would surely change but then some of my choices have allowed me to gain, with hope, a greater wisdom and have allowed me to gain a greater relationship with my Heavenly Father. The aging process or perhaps the maturing process I do not dislike but rather the ever signs of gravity that my epidermis can't quite seem to defeat. But I will take all the crows feet, the saggy thighs, the age spots, the failing eyesight, the osteoarthritis in the hips to be where I am. I  am happy. I am blessed. I am so very grateful.

I had a great birthday. Rachel made me a wonderful inside out German Chocolate cake, Kole and Jaclyn got me these beautiful pewter salt and pepper shakers, Lori got me these beautiful 2 glass stands with 2 yummy red velvet cupcakes--yum, Wendy got me a darling frame with a picture of her and myself when we were in NY, Michelle Doty and Debra Richey brought me flowers, Michelle--peonies and Debra--daisys, Sam got me a great Kite that we plan on flying when we go to the beach and Dave got me a spa day and of course 2 weeks in Germany with mom and Kole.  The gifts were wonderful and so appreciated but it is my everyday gifts of family and friends that I am most grateful. Truly, truly grateful. Thank you, thank you all!

Below is some pictures that my DEAR friend Ashley took at my birthday luncheon at the Cactus mexican restaurant. The luncheon attendees were from our bookclub: Ashley Serafin, Kristin Parker, Donna LeGrow, Colleen Murphy, Wendy Hanson and Debi Fairbanks. I must say these women are some of the most beautiful, gifted, intelligent women I know. I learn from them; they are truly remarkable and I stand in awe of every one of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment