Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday at the Pool


We have had a wonderful time thus far in Maryland. Sam has had the opportunity to attend Camp Calleva as an "Explorer" with Sotir and has really enjoyed it. Yesterday they went horseback riding, today they went Kayaking. We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Sotir and Sam go to camp from 9 to 4. My pity goes out to the camp counselors--that is a long day especially with 6 year olds. It's quite nice for me however as I drop them off at Riley's Lock the C & O canal is there. It is a tree covered dirt trail which runs about (I think) 187 miles. If I ever decide to go further than my standard 6 I think I'll be set. It runs along the Potomac river and tons of wildlife can be seen. The greatest thing for me is since it's a dirt trail there isn't so many bikers. 

Above is Sam doing a flip on the diving board. We went to the Darnstown pool after "camp" today. It's a great pool with an actual diving board and slide; albeit small--but a slide nonetheless. They have a great playground attached on the side and tennis courts as well. Sam was in heaven. Below are some pics of our day at the pool.


LuLu is my sweet. This picture tells it all. She's
so cute I can't stand it. She can't say my name so I have been called a number of things. As Kole is at girls camp right now I'm being called momma. Which I think she calls Kole Mommy and me momma. Sometimes I get called Natalie. Which I think sounds like a bit more of a difficult name to say--but appears Lisa is. Sotir is our cutie. That child can take a joke, make a joke and is most certainly the most quick witted child I have ever seen. He's a beautiful and so very smart to boot. He and Sam play quite well together (most of the time) Kole has a great yard with wonderful things to explore in their heavily treed yard. Sam and Sotir have been making "Stone Soup" for the monsters outside. They play outside nonstop. It's quite wonderful. They sword fight and jump on the tramp but mostly make stone soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment